Colleges with some of the wealthiest alumni in the US
The college with the wealthiest alumni in the US: University of Pennsylvania
The college that has the most undergraduate alumni on Forbes’ ranking of the wealthiest Americans is the University of Pennsylvania.
The Ivy League school is home to the famous Wharton School and has a total of 17 graduates on the Forbes list.
Some of the most notable grads from UPenn include Elon Musk and former US President Donald Trump.
The colleges with the wealthiest alumni in the US
- University of Pennsylvania: 17 graduates
- Harvard University and Yale University: 11 graduates (tie)
- University of Southern California: 10 graduates
- Stanford University: 9 graduates
- Princeton University: 8 graduates
- Columbia University, Cornell University, and University of Michigan: 7 graduates (tie)
- Dartmouth College and New York University: 6 graduates (tie)
Harvard and Yale tied for second place with 11 graduates each from the list of wealthiest Americans.
The Boston school slipped from the top spot, which it held in 2021.
The richest Harvard grad is the owner of the Los Angeles Clippers and former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer, who ranked No. 8 on the Forbes 400 list.
Other famous Harvard University alumni include Nathan Blecharczyk, co-founder and chief strategy officer of Airbnb, Citadel founder and CEO Ken Griffin, oil executive George Kaiser, and Blackstone executive vice chairman Hamilton “Tony” James.
According to Forbes, nearly half of Yale’s graduates on the Forbes 400 list come from two families: The Marses, of pet food and candy giant Mars Inc., and the oil-rich Bass’s.
Another famous Yale alum is the co-founder and CEO of The Blackstone Group, Stephen Schwarzman.
Sign up now: Get smarter about your money and career with our weekly newsletter
This personality trait helped Musk, Gates and Jobs succeed, says biographer: ‘It’s something a lot of these people have‘
‘I might have to sleep in my crappy car’: Self-made millionaire Bethenny Frankel shares the mindsets that helped her achieve success
The college with the wealthiest alumni in the US: University of Pennsylvania The college that has the most undergraduate alumni on Forbes’ ranking of the wealthiest Americans is the University of Pennsylvania. The Ivy League school is home to the famous Wharton School and has a total of 17 graduates on the Forbes list. Some…
- British Gas ignored watchdog’s warnings about force-fitting pre-pay meters FIVE YEARS ago
- Activist investor Starboard said to build stake in Rogers Corp. – report
- Sea World helicopter crash survivors relive final moments before choppers collided on Gold Coast
- In her own words… watch Prince Harry’s ‘older woman’ reveal how she took his virginity
- Tips and tools for positive mental health